Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fall, fall, falling...

Whenever August rolls around, I seem to start itching for autumn, craving the crisp air, firey-colored leaves, and hot chocolate to warm me up in the mornings. I love summer and wish for it the majority of the year - but there comes a point when my bangs are plastered to my forehead that I just want it to end.

Does this not look yummy?

This past week has gotten me super excited for fall. I spent the weekend in lovely Chicago - which actually was not-so-lovely: cold temperatures, pouring rain and overcast skies. But it gave me a chance to whip out my sweaters, my close-toed shoes and prepare for what would eventually be coming in the next month or so.

There's something I love about walking around in fall - I'm sure a lot of it has to do with seeing leaves changing color or the fact that I absolutely love corduroy - and I simply can't wait to explore this season in a new city.

So, while summer may provide the opportunity for endless Corona nights at bars, free transit on super-hot days, and an influx of tourists from far and away, you can give me autumn any day.

Oh... and I should also mention the football - God bless fall and
college football season! Go Blue! and happy tailgating!

No comments: