Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Be it ever so humble

Oh, cute little two bedroom, two bath, plus den (!), affordable Capitol Hill townhouse apartment. How I love thee.

There are no words to express quite what I feel for you - I have yet to meet you, but I know that we were meant to be. I only hope your close-lipped owner with the world's best poker face will give you to us.

I admire your brightly painted walls, petite backyard, fireplace that we will fill with candles because we're girls and probably couldn't start a fire, your in-unit laundry machines and your included water and satellite fees. To me, you are perfect.

I have imagined my furniture housed against your walls, my dishes placed in your cabinets, my photos sitting on your shelves and candle-lit evenings by the fireplace (again - probably not a fire for fear of burning down said beautifully-painted walls).

So, please say that my credit score is high enough and let us know soon if your owner is willing to lease to us - the time we're currently apart is torture.

Until the time comes when we can finally be together, please stay away from anything that's creepy or crawly, beef-up your insulation and maybe clean up your bathroom.

Perhaps I may be a little too hopeful, but I can only hope that you feel the same way.

Yours truly,

Jodi

No comments: