Sunday, February 04, 2007

A pretty meaningless post

Given that I generally have quite a bit of time to think about and ponder things, I often find that it is the simple things in life that generally give me the most pleasure and comfort.

I've notcied of late that I do silly things and make habits of others - almost to the point where it's ritual.

With the colder weather, I get a rush stepping on little scraps of ice on the ground - merely because of the satisfying "crunch" they make underfoot. That is perhaps my favorite part of snow - something I haven't really liked since I started driving.

I'll notice too when ads pop up on certain Web sites where you have to "beat the other guy" at something to win five free ring tones or some other ridiculous prize that requires you sign over half of your personal information, that I can't resist in participating. Maybe I'm easily amused or just plain bored - either way, it's a sick habit. I don't even need those ring tones!

Perhaps living alone has brought out the weird quirks in me. I do something every night when I get home that I never did before. I have to pull back the shower curtain and my bathroom to assure that no one is there to pop out at me. I haven't yet figured out what I would do if someone were actually there. Screaming is a good bet...

I suppose before I've always had some weird traits - perhaps these are just more noticable to me now that I live on my own and have to entertain myself the majority of the time. Oh well - I suppose it's all a part of figuring out what makes us happy to sustain ourselves. Whatever the reason you can bet that I can't wait for the next batch of snow to crunch through - even if it does mean temperatures in the negatives!

No comments: